Your morning routine can be the most important part of your day, as it sets you up to have a productive and successful day at work and at home. If you have an unproductive morning routine, then you’re likely to be unproductive in your job and fall behind in projects or miss deadlines with your boss. To ensure that doesn’t happen, start making some changes to your morning routine today so that you can start each day off right. Here are five ways to begin your day healthy, happy, and ready to tackle all the tasks ahead of you.
Start with a goal
One of the most important things you can do for your body starts your day off right. The way you wake up and get ready for the day sets the tone for what will happen later on. The benefits of starting your day healthy are overwhelming, so here are five ways to begin your day right:
1) Get up early. Try and wake up at least 30 minutes before you need to be at work or school. Getting out of bed earlier than normal has been shown to help people stay more energized throughout the day.
2) Drink water first thing in the morning.
3) Eat a balanced breakfast every morning.
4) Spend time outside in natural light as soon as possible after waking up
5) Exercise (or stretch).
Get up early
If you get up early and start your day with a healthy breakfast, it sets the tone for your whole day. Try these five simple steps:
- Wake up fifteen minutes earlier than usual. – Drink a glass of water. – Stretch or do some light exercise before eating. – Eat a healthy breakfast like yogurt, granola, or eggs on toast. You can even try this recipe for Banana Walnut Overnight Oats from Prevention magazine!
- Plan out your day by making a list of what you want to accomplish and set specific time limits for each task.
Know what to eat
Eat a high-protein breakfast. Protein, which contains amino acids, is an important building block for muscle, so you’ll be less likely to crave high-calorie, fatty foods. Try eggs with spinach and tomato.
Drink water. Drinking water is important for staying hydrated, but it also helps your body work properly. For example, drinking cold water when you’re thirsty will make you feel refreshed and better able to concentrate on your day’s tasks.
Eat whole grains like oatmeal or whole wheat toast with fruit for breakfast instead of packaged cereal or sugary cereal bars. This way you’ll get enough fiber without the extra sugar that comes in boxed cereals or bars.
With fresh air and sunlight, your body will feel energized and ready for the day. Plus, research has shown that people who exercise outside are more likely to enjoy the activity than those who exercise indoors. The key is a good mix of activity and adventure: Try going on a hike or bike ride, or even just taking your dog for a walk around the block.
Do something you love
One of the best ways to start your day off on a good note is by doing something you love. This could be anything from going for a morning jog or reading your favorite book in bed. It doesn’t matter what it is, as long as you’re doing something that makes you happy and gives you a sense of accomplishment. Plus, starting the day off with something healthy will give you more energy throughout the day while also helping clear your head.